CogMIR 2014 Seminar Details:
The fourth annual seminar on cognitively based music informatics research (CogMIR) will be held on Saturday, October 4, 2014, at Ryerson University, Toronto. The seminar will focus on cognitive approaches relevant to music informatics research, inclusive of music similarity, music emotion, music analysis, music generation, music information retrieval, music in hearing aids, and computational modelling.
Keynote speakers for CogMIR 2014 are:
Click here for a tentative Program Schedule.
CogMIR 2014 Highlight
New Scholar Prizes: Google Research has generously provided funds for this meeting that will enable us to support 3 prizes for new scholars (students, postdocs). Prizes include:
- Best Paper Presentation – $500
- 2 Best Poster Presentations – $250 each
CogMIR 2014 Scientific Advisory Board
- David Huron, School of Music, Ohio State University
- David Temperley, Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester
- Michael Casey, Bregman Music and Audio Research Studio, Dartmouth College
- Matthew Woolhouse, Digital Music Lab, McMaster University
- Johanna Devaney, School of Music, Ohio State University
- Paolo Ammirante, SMART Lab, Ryerson University
Deadline for abstract submission: July 31, 2014 (extended to August 15, 2014)
Notification of acceptance: by August 31, 2014
Deadline for early registration: September 8, 2014
Early Student Registration - $30 CAD (until September 8, 2014)
Early Non-student and Postdoc Registration - $50 CAD (until September 8, 2014)
Late Student Registration – $50 CAD
Late Non-student and Postdoc Registration – $75 CAD
Click here to register for CogMIR 2014.